Wednesday, December 7, 2011

An open letter to my blog

I have to apologize you, little blog.  I had a whole new sexy outfit made for you, and then I didn't take you out and parade you around and compliment you like I should have.  I really do have reasons... I have all sorts of excuses like how Eric and I found tiny wood boring bugs in our IKEA island...


... right before Thanksgiving and how we panicked and the nice people at IKEA replaced it with a bug-less one and gave us a gift card to boot (as they should have, thankyouverymuch).

I could blame my neglect for you on how the island bug disaster led us to the really disastrous discovery of  the termites in the framing under our master bathroom tub...


... and how we are now going to have to take it out, treat the area, reset the tub & tile the bathroom again ourselves...

Little blog, I could even blame it on how we hosted Thanksgiving for 20 people and how fantastic but exhausting it was...


But all of those would be excuses - my little bloggy blog.  I promise not to neglect you for a whole week again.

Here's a few projects I want to use you to tackle (a special thanks to my dear friend Pinterest for the inspiration)...


Oh hey, cute little advent calendar... is it too late to make you??  Maybe...


These could be pretty fun to chronicle places that mean something to Eric and I, and pretty cute to hang on the den wall, huh blog?

Or we could do this - it's an easy one...


So, does that sound good, blog? And we should probably finish that little secret project and share it with everyone, shouldn't we...  Thanks for being patient, blog - I've really missed you. Happy Wednesday, little friend!

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, you are the second person I have heard of with little wood borers in their Island.
    http://ldsmomtomany.blogspot.com/2010/04/ikea-stenstorp-island-weve-got-power.html
    Glad they took good care of you.

    ReplyDelete