Thursday, June 30, 2011

Computer Troubles and Another Vacay!

My computer is refusing to run for more than 5 minutes at a time this morning.  It started last night when I went to write today's blog post about this dessert that I made yesterday...


And continued into this morning.  Major Bummer!  (Maj. Bummer *salute* HIMYM anyone?)  So today will have to be quick.  I'm headed out of town for a week with Eric and his family tomorrow - have I mentioned this?  This is why I've been dying of busy the last few days and crazily trying to finish up our projects.  We're headed here...


Rocky Mountain National Park, CO.  GORGEOUS!  We are going to enjoy a week of hiking and lounging and visiting famous *albeit creepy* places like this...

Recognize this one??  It's the Stanley, of "The Shining" fame.  It's a bit creepy to visit at night.  The first time we visited Eric and I crept upstairs (where only guests are allowed) and took pictures in the hallways and rode the elevator.  C'mon, we had to.  We may have taken a few crazy (read: silly looking and ridiculous) videos whispering "red rum!"  We're goofy.  Also, I've never been able to watch the movie all the way through in one sitting.  I'm a big fat chicken. 

I'm also hoping to do this while we're there...


We are getting excited!  A few friends will be staying here with Ted... I tried and tried to convince Eric to bring him, but he was convinced Ted would be eaten by a bear, lol.  Unlikely, but anything to put my hubby's mind at ease. ;)  I hope you're all enjoying your summer.  Any fun trips planned??  Tell me all about 'em!  I like to live vicariously through other people's travel.  Have a very happy Thursday, friends!

3 comments:

  1. Do you have the recipe for this dessert posted anywhere? Looks like yumminess that I must make this weekend. We're headed to Coronado Island tomorrow. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, Colorado. I LOVE Colorado. Nate and I were just talking about going back!!

    Love your HIMYM reference...and how Ted got his name. Too funny!!

    We're headed to Lake Michigan in a couple of weeks. Are you interested in doing a guest post for us? I think your kitchen would be a fun one! I was thinking kind of a "my favorite project" type theme. E-mail me if you're interested and have fun on vacay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. asbestos tiles removal cost

    ReplyDelete