Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Nook preview

So I took a 3 day bogging weekend~I wanted so badly to blog yesterday, but I really had about 3 minutes to spare the entire day (one of those days where you become conscious of your need to use the restroom at about 10AM, but don't actually get around to doing it until 10PM...).  Alas, my weekend was just about as busy (filled with fun things, of course!)  So I didn't have time to take pictures of my newly redone (and nearly complete) reading nook!  I purchased this lamp from Ikea this weekend as one of the final touches to the space:

It's a MUCH cheaper (read: $140 cheaper!!) version of it's Pottery Barn counterpart:


Yay for saving money!!  As for the rest of the space, I have two sweet little chairs like these featured in DecorPad:


I have a little stool side table:



With a stack of vintage books on top:


Underneath it all?  A green and tan rug similar to this one:
Of course the walls need a little spice too.  I'm creating a gallery wall in my little corner, and I'm starting with this classic print that I LOVE:


And some crown molding shelves like these (sans the heinous accessories):

With some less-heinous accessories like these:


And a few pictures in these frames  from IKEA (you can't see it in the pictures but the frames are a nice shiny stainless steel):

So what do you think?  I'm hoping it turns out as nice as it looks in my head!  Pictures will come by the end of the week, I promise!  And tomorrow I should be posting a recipe that is making my mouth water.  Get excited!  Happy Tuesday, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! I can't wait to actually have a house again... 2mo is a long time to jump from place to place and live out of a suitcase!

    ReplyDelete