Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Loving: Stripes

I don't know about you, but I am so excited for spring to arrive (it's going to be 79 degrees here tomorrow, wahoo!!). With the colors and motifs of spring/summer in mind, I've been in LOVE with this West Elm Shower curtain:

And ever since I saw it, I've been trying to work it into my guest bathroom scheme. I've been attracted to stripes in general lately, and loving the warmth and coziness they bring to a space, just the ticket for springtime weather!

These Turkish Tea Towels from Apartment 48 are so perfect for a cottage kitchen!

These bath towels from Ralph Lauren Home would be perfect under and umbrella, poolside! Oh I CAN'T WAIT to SWIM!

And for the poolside snacks? These Cornishware mixing bowls from Pillivuyt!

via Elle Decor
Isn't the little striped rug perfect for a patio? Mmmmmm, I want to barbecue on a porch....

And in case you'd like to bring the party indoors, how about this striped beauty?? I LOVE the green and grey combo!

via Elle Decor
Like a little more va-va-voom in your style? BAM! Check out these curtains - this room spells D.R.A.M.A.

via Elle Decor
And for all the drama lovers out there, How about this striped, gabled ceiling, and the sleigh day bed?? I'll take one best selling book, and 4 spare hours please, and thanks.

via Elle Decor
This rug is divine! Some may say it's too busy, but I think it adds a great base to the slim furnishings and dainty lines in this space. P.S. That industrial bookshelf? Yep, I'm smitten.

via Elle Decor
There is something so wonderful about all white bathrooms, but the ceiling here is JUST the place to add drama. If you have sweet architectural details like this gabled ceiling, draw attention to them!

via Elle Decor
This bathroom has all my favorite things! I mentioned here that I've always wanted a bust in my home, and this striped shower curtain is amazing. I wish I had a big bright window in my bathroom~ but if it were me, I'd fill it in with glass block... I'm just sayin'... ;)

via Elle Decor
Stripes add such visual interest to walls. And the idea that they make a small room feel even tinier is just bogus. Look at this passage way. Doesn't it look bright and cheery to you? I'm considering painting stripes like this down my hallway at home. What do you think?

Add some stripes to your spring, even if it's just a nautical shirt like this one on sale right now at Ann Taylor loft!!

How do you feel about stripes? Love 'em or hate 'em? I hope you're having a wonderful and happy Wednesday, friends!

3 comments:

  1. I like stripes, but I never thought of using them in home decor. All the images you've picked out seem beautifully accented by stripes - very chic!

    xx
    A Journey to Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE them - i see stripes I BUY!

    I’m hosting a give-away and would LOVE for you and ALL to
    Join Custom Sign Give-Away


    *kiss kiss*
    Erika
    ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get enough of horizontal stripes!!! I LOVE them. Great images.

    ReplyDelete