Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Family room love

I stumbled across this AMAZING before and after on a blog I love: raenovate. The design is courtesy of Rachel Reider, and I am in LOVE. The original post is here, but I loved it so much, I had to do a commentary...

I always struggle with balancing neutrals and color. I love color so much, but I get sick of bold colors pretty quickly. I love how she's mixed bold jewel tones with sot greys and striking dark wood textures.

Here's the before pic of the family room...

Can you say bad built-ins??

Holy gorgeous!!! I LOVE everything about this room... the mixed textures and colors are amazing, and the tan zebra chair is such a cool statement piece. I want this as my family room!

Such a relaxing bathroom. This is a great renovation option for those of us who are limited to shower/bath combos by our space.

The dark cabinets make the kitchen look modern and clean. The glass tile is busy enough to be interesting, but not so busy it makes my eyes hurt. I might choose more comfortable looking bar stools, but other than that, it looks amazing!

This is how you make bold color look good. I would've been waaaaay too chicken to combine a wing back love seat in chocolate brown with plum walls and orangey/red drapes. But the overall effect is outstanding! I want this in my home!!!

If I had the money to buy a new sofa, new paint, and wing back love seat, I would seriously try to re-create this look in our home. But alas, maybe our next house =) Happy Wednesday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment