Friday, January 14, 2011

Finally Friday

Do you ever just need a break? Me too. After my first full week back in the classroom, I remember why I think 3rd quarter is the worst. You're too far away from summer break to legitimately look forward to it, and Christmas break already feels like a distant memory. I always feel like I've been in school FOREVER this time of year; like I'm lost in some "Groundhog Day" of teaching, where I am doomed to repeat the same day over and over again for all eternity. Thankfully, this isn't the case, and I really do LOVE what I do. Buuuuuut, this time of year, it gets a little draining.

Luckily for me, I have some of the BEST students in the world who make it much easier for me to show up on mornings that I don't necessarily want to leave my snuggly-warm bed. Today is Friday, and for me, it's also a 3-day weekend!!! Although, my husband does not have Monday off, so it will probably just dissolve into a house-cleaning marathon... But, regardless, I get to sleep in!

If I could do anything with my 3-day weekend, I would go here:






I would spend no less than 10 years exploring this place:





And I would sit here, sipping a tiny espresso, waiting hopefully for someone to spontaneously begin playing "La Vie en Rose."

Whatever you're doing this weekend, enjoy yourself! I'll be dreaming of Paris...

No comments:

Post a Comment